Countryside Services Ltd
Who we are
Countryside Services Limited is a subsidiary of the Ulster Farmers’ Union.
The Company (Countryside Services Limited) will be known as “the Controller” of the personal information you provide us with. You are entitled to request access to any personal information we hold about you by writing to the Data Protection Officer at Countryside Services Limited, 97 Moy Road, Dungannon, Co. Tyrone BT71 7DX.
What information do we collect?
Personal data or personal information is deemed to be any information from which that person can be identified. We collect the following types of data which you may choose to share with us by ordering on our website, by telephone or in person, by signing up to newsletter, entering a competition, by making an enquiry or by completing a contact form:
· Contact telephone or mobile number
· Email address
· Delivery or contact address
· Billing address
· Herd or flock number and animal numbers
· Any other information which you provide us with in order to fulfil your order, delivery or enquiry
You may choose to provide us with additional information in order to enhance or improve your experience with us, such as participation in surveys, promotions or competitions. This may include, for example, your name, contact details, purchases, your preferences in receiving marketing information from us and your communication preferences.
We do not collect or store payment information as this is dealt with by our online card services provider. We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (these include details of your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, information about your health and genetic and biometric data).
How do we use personal information?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
· Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you, for example, to fulfil your order for our products.
· Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
· When you have consented to us to using your information in a particular manner, for example to market other relevant products to you which may be requested as part of the order process.
We may also use your personal information in the following situations, which are likely to be rare:
· Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests).
· Where it is required in the public interest.
We need your personal information first and foremost to allow us to perform our contract with you to provide our goods and services and to enable us to comply with legal obligations. On some occasions we may use your personal information to pursue legitimate interests of our own or those of third parties, provided your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. We will process your personal information in the following situations:
· The administration of the contract we have entered into with you.
· The provision, improvement and development of our products and services.
· Communication with you.
· The promotion of safety and security.
· The prevention of fraud.
· Adherence to the legal framework in which we operate.
Several of the above situations will overlap and will justify our use of your personal information.
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent in compliance with legal requirements where this is required or permitted by law.
Marketing and Promotional Activity
We will ask for your consent for any direct marketing communications by email.
By marketing, we mean that we may use your information to assess whether our products or services may be what you may require or want. If you have requested information from us, made a purchase from us or shared your details with us when entering a competition or registering for a promotion and not opted out of being contacting, you will receive marketing communication from us.
It is your right to withdraw consent at any time and can do so by contacting us. You can telephone us (028 8778 9770), email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the Data Protection Officer at Countryside Services Limited, 97 Moy Road, Dungannon BT71 7DX.
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
There are six lawful bases for processing personal data. These are as follows –
1. Consent: the individual has given clear consent for you to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
2. Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract you have with the individual. Or because they have asked you to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
3. Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for you to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
4. Vital interests: the processing is necessary to protect someone’s life.
5. Public task: the processing is necessary for you to perform a task in the public interest or for your official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law.
6. Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for your legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, unless there is a good reason to protect the individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests. (This cannot apply if you are a public authority processing data to perform your official tasks.)
Source: Information Commissioner’s Office
In general, we do not rely on the basis of Consent as the legal basis for processing your personal data. The exception to this is where we may send you marketing communications by email. As stated above, consent for this may be withdrawn at any time. In order to process your personal data in line with legislation we rely on a number of the above bases and there may more than one valid basis for processing your personal information at on any one occasion.
When do we share personal data?
We will use your personal information in order to conduct our business (such as provision of products and services or respond to queries) with you and we will share your personal information with third parties as required by law.
We will treat your personal information confidentially and hold it securely. When it is shared with third parties, this will be done so for a specified purpose and we will only permit third parties to process your personal information for such a purpose on our clear instruction. We do not permit third parties to use your personal data for their own purposes or any purpose other than that which is specified by us. We may also need to share your personal information with third parties such as regulators or other such bodies for legal compliance purposes. We will not share your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Where do we store, secure and process personal data?
We hold your data securely and have security measures in place to protect your personal data from unauthorised access or use, from being accidentally lost, altered, destroyed or disclosed. Access to your personal data is restricted to those employees, agents, contractors or third parties who need to access it for business purposes. Your personal information will only be processed or accessed by them on our instruction and all are subject to a duty of confidentiality. Our staff are trained in information security and at present we hold the information standard ISO27001:2013.
We have robust information security measures including procedures for dealing with suspected personal data breaches. In the event of a security breach, we will notify you and the relevant regulator as we are required to do so by law.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We will hold your personal data for as long as it is required in order to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected as well as to satisfy any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
We have a retention policy which determines appropriate retention periods for different categories of personal data. This policy is available on request from our Data Protection Officer.
Your rights in relation to personal data
Under the General Data Protection Regulations, you have the right, in certain circumstances, to request access to your personal information. This request is known as a “data subject access request” and allows you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you as well as check that we are processing it lawfully.
Under the GDPR, you may:
· Request your personal information.
· Request correction of your personal information.
· Object to the processing of your personal information.
· Request deletion or destruction of your personal information.
· Request the restriction of processing your personal information.
· Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
· Lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
It is very important that you communicate any changes in your personal information to us so that can hold accurate records as required. You may at any time make a data subject access request and we will endeavour to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Prior to releasing any information, we may need to verify your identity by requesting specific information from you to ensure that your personal information is not made available to an unauthorised person.
We will act on your requests where possible. However, there may be instances whereby we are unable to carry out your request such as deletion of information which is required by law to be retained for a further period.
All requests must be made in writing to our Data Protection Officer at Countryside Services Limited at 97 Moy Road, Dungannon BT71 7DX.
How to contact us?
If you wish to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have relating to our privacy practices, please contact the Data Protection Officer by any of the following means:
· In writing to Countryside Services Limited, 97 Moy Road, Dungannon BT71 7DX. · By email to email@example.com, quoting Data Protection Office in the subject line.
· By using the contact form on www.countrysideservices.com.
Policy updated 27th March 2020
Additional Privacy Notification relating to the Farm Business Improvement Scheme and Agri-Food Co-Operation Scheme